Download a guide log in PDF format. You can print the log, fill it out, sign it, scan or photograph the completed log and email it to the ACSKG. (You can use a smart phone to photograph and email the completed log.)
A basic summary is all we need from previously certified ACSKG guides. View a sample log summary.
Guides initially joining the ACSKG may be requested to provide a slightly more detailed log. Please contact us for more information.
Alternately, send us an email listing the following information for trips you've guided which ventured further than four miles from the kayak launch site and/or were overnight or longer:
- Your name, phone number & mailing address
- Trip start date
- Trip end date
- Trip location
- Tour company or organization
- Other guide's name
- Your position (full or assistant guide)
- Total number of days logged this year
- Total number of days logged overall
- Include the following sentence, then insert date and signature:
- "I acknowledge that the information provided here is true and current and that the ACSKG may contact references in order to confirm this information."
Signed on: Insert the date
Insert an image of your authorized signature
The ACSKG also requires a completed application form, your annual membership dues, your VHF radio operators certificate and your updated first aid & CPR certificates.
Please remember to log only sea kayak outings which ventured further than four miles from the kayak launch site and/or were overnight or longer.
For a list of things you can do to speed up your certification, see: Expedite Your Certification